Are you feeling like you’re in a fashion or style rut? Do you want to update or reinvent your look but don’t have unlimited funds to do so?
There are some fast and easy ways to update your entire look without breaking the bank. And with a new season upon us, what better time? Here are a variety of tips for giving your style a boost – from a small change to your hairstyle to grabbing a new designer-inspired handbag…
- Change your part or cut some bangs. Moving your part to the other side or the middle is an instant updater. Our faces are not symmetric, so the change in appearance from such a simple thing is remarkable. If you’re feeling a little braver, get a set of bangs cut for a youthful and sexy new do.
- Wear your jewelry. Keeping all those pieces for special occasions? DON’T. Beautiful jewelry is meant to be worn and a single piece can lift your entire look.
- Take closet inventory. If you hate it, donate it. If it doesn’t fit, donate it. If it’s past its best, get rid of it. Embrace what is left and shop to complement what you already have. Some pieces can be tailored or revamped to give them brand new life.
- Have your brows professionally shaped. The brows frame your entire face and getting them right can give you instant “wow” factor without wearing any makeup at all. Get a professional to do it – that way there are no unfortunate mistakes.
- Pay attention to your shoes. Footwear is one of the most noticed things in an ensemble, so make sure your shoes say the right thing. Shabby shoes that look cheap are a big style no-no. This season, consider pointed toes – they elongate the leg and are super feminine.
- Invest in a stylish new handbag. A designer inspired handbag can life even the most basic outfit of jeans and a white tee. The right handbag can take you from casual to dressy, and quality speaks volumes. It’s also a great way to add a pop of color without going overboard.
- Red Lipstick. This most universally wearable of lip shades is both classic and sexy. Even without a lick of other makeup, it makes you look polished and “done”.
Be adventurous. Go with your gut feeling. You’re not the same person you were a decade (or two) ago – so why wouldn’t you update your look? Look for affordable quality and enjoy your new look!